Registrations close Monday 22 May
Schedule & Results
The Basketball Competition Draw and Results will be published on the website:
Thursday 25 May 2017
Friday 26 May 2017
Saturday 27 May 2017
Thursday 25 May: 8.30am - 4.00pm
Friday 26 May: 8.30am - 4.00pm
Saturday 27 May: 10.00am - 4.00pm
Cairns Basketball Centre
Early Settler Stadium
289 Aumuller Street, Manunda
Minimum age for competition is 35 years. Age is determined as at 1 May 2017.
35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65+
Sport Fee: The cost to play in the tournament in ONE team is $55.00 per person
Games Registration Fee: $85.00 per person
*Should you be interested in joining a second team please tick the Extra fee amount of $35.00 to enable entry into your second team.
- Men’s competition
- Women’s competition
- A team’s division will be determined by the age of the youngest player in the team.
- Players are not permitted to play in more than one team in the same age group.
- Players may play in more than one age category i.e. 45+ and 50+. However, this will not be taken into consideration during scheduling which may result in conflicting games.
- You must pay a separate sport fee for each team in which you participate.
- Depending on the number of team nominations received, the tournament may only be required to be played on Thursday 25 May to Saturday 27 May (Sunday if needed).
- The provision of a bench official for the game immediately following yours is compulsory.
- Age groups may be amalgamated for round robin competition depending upon the number of team entries in each age group. However medals will still be awarded based on age groups.
- If you are interested in being a referee for the tournament contact Cairns Basketball on the email address listed below.
- Competition will be conducted under the Federation of International Basketball Association (FIBA) rules.
- The competition is presented by Cairns Basketball.
Sport Coordinator: Cate Mahoney
Phone: 0407 022 111