Registrations close Monday 15 May
Schedule & Results
The Swimming Program will be published on the MSQ website by 19 May:
Results will be published to the website each afternoon after competition. Live results will be on Meet Mobile APP and MSQ e-program.
Friday 26 May 2017
Saturday 27 May 2017
Friday 26 May: 7.30am - 3.30pm
Saturday 27 May: 7.30am - 3.30pm
Tobruk Memorial Pool
370 Sheridan Street, Cairns North
Minimum age for competition is 18 years i.e. a swimmer must have turned 18 by the time he/she registers.
18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94
Sport Fee: $50.00 per swimmer for a maximum of 6 events
Games Registration Fee: $85.00 per person
*Relay team nominations on the day are $5.00 per team per event payable to a Masters Swimming QLD representative at the event.
- Freestyle 50m, 100m, 200m
- Breaststroke 50m, 100m, 200m
- Butterfly 50m, 100m, 200m
- Backstroke 50m, 100m, 200m
- 200m Individual Medley
- 4 x 50m Men’s Freestyle Relay
- 4 x 50m Women’s Freestyle Relay
- 4 x 50m Mixed Freestyle Relay
- 4 x 50m Men’s Medley Relay
- 4 x 50m Women’s Medley Relay
- 4 x 50m Mixed Medley Relay
- Australian competitors must provide Masters ID number and club code when completing online entry (All non-Masters Swimming Australia members must provide a proof of age via a copy of drivers licence or passport).
- For overseas competitors a proof of age is required (copy of drivers licence or passport unless current Masters ID number is provided and approved).
- You must also produce your Games' accreditation and photo ID upon entry to the pool.
- Nominated times to be submitted for each individual event entered.
- Entries without nominated times will be seeded in the slowest heat.
- Relay nominations to be taken on the day of the event. Relay swimmers must have entered at least one (1) individual and shall not swim for more than one team in each relay event.
- The organisers may assist with the formation of relay teams.
- Combined ages for relay teams are: 72-119, 120-159, 160-199, 200-239, 240-279, 280-319, 320-359, 360+
- Current FINA swimsuit rules apply. See www.mastersswimming.org.au under 'Rules'.
- World records cannot be recognised as per FINA's rules in respect to multi-sport Games.
- All swimmers can break Great Barrier Reef Masters Games records - both individual and relays.
- Masters Swimming Queensland members can break Queensland records.
- Masters Swimming Australia members can break National records and their respective State records.
- Competitors with a medical disability must forward the current Medical Disability Certificate endorsed by a registered medical practitioner. Forms available from the Masters Swimming Australia website at www.mastersswimming.org.au. No separate categories for disabled swimmers are offered at the meet.
- Competition will be conducted under Masters Swimming rules as at the close of entry date.
- The competition is presented and sanctioned by Masters Swimming Queensland.
- Limit of 6 individual events per sport fee.
- $5.00 per person for relay events (register and pay on the day).
- Heats in each event will be seeded by nominated times.
- Competition will be conducted under Masters Swimming Australia Rules and Regulations.
- Mixed teams will be allowed for relay entries.
Masters Swimming QLD
Sport Coordinator: Cheryl Brodribb
Phone: 0438 647 888