Thursday 20 May 2021
Friday 21 May 2021
Saturday 22 May 2021
Thursday 20 May: 2:00pm - 4:30pm (warm up from 1:30pm)
Friday 21 May: 8:30am - 3:30pm (warm up from 7:30am)
Saturday 22 May: 8:30am - 2:00pm (warm up from 7:30am)
Tobruk Memorial Swimming Pool
370 Sheridan Street, Cairns North
Minimum age for competition is 18 years. Age is determined as at 31 December 2021.
Please note: 18 year old swimmers must have turned 18 by 20 May 2021
18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90+,
Sport Fee: $65 per swimmer for a maximum of 9 events
Games Registration Fee: $69 per person in addition to sport fee.
Relay team nominations on the day are $20 per team per event payable to a Masters Swimming QLD representative at the event.
- Freestyle 50m, 100m, 200m, 400m
- Breaststroke 50m, 100m, 200m, 400m
- Butterfly 50m, 100m, 200m, 400m
- Backstroke 50m, 100m, 200m, 400m
- Individual Medley 200m, 400m
- 4 x 50m Men’s Freestyle Relay
- 4 x 50m Women’s Freestyle Relay
- 4 x 50m Mixed Freestyle Relay
- 4 x 50m Men’s Medley Relay
- 4 x 50m Women’s Medley Relay
- 4 x 50m Mixed Medley Relay
- Please see link to MSQ Meet Guide.
- Australian competitors must provide Masters ID number and club code when completing online entry. (All non-Masters Swimming Australia members must provide a proof of age via a copy of drivers licence or passport)
- For overseas competitors a proof of age is required (copy of drivers licence or passport unless current Masters ID number is provided and approved)
- You must submit a time for each event entered. Please do not enter 'not time' or leave blank. Times should be entered in the following format - minutes:seconds.tenths hundreds, eg 01:26.94, 45.06 or 0:45.06
- You must also produce your Games' accreditation and photo ID upon entry to the pool
- Current FINA swimsuit rules apply. See www.mastersswimming.org.au under 'Rules'
- World records cannot be recognised as per FINA's rules in respect to multi-sport Games
- All swimmers can break Great Barrier Reef Masters Games records - both individual and relays
- Masters Swimming Queensland members can break National records and Queensland records
- Masters Swimming Australia members can break National records and their respective State records
- Multi Class swimmers are welcome to compete either as able body swimmers or in their classification/s
- Competitors with a medical disability must forward the current Medical Disability Certificate endorsed by a registered medical practitioner. Forms available from the Masters Swimming Australia website at www.mastersswimming.org.au.
- Details of Multi Class disabiltiy classifictation must be provided (if not currently on MSQ file) prior to the commencement of the first day of competition.
- Competition will be conducted under Masters Swimming rules as at the close of entry date
- The competition is presented and sanctioned by Masters Swimming Queensland
- Limit of 9 individual events per sport fee
- Heats in each event will be seeded from fastest times to slowest times
- Entries close Thursday 13 May 2021 at 11:59pm - no late entries will be accepted
- Relay nominations to be taken on the day of the event. Relay swimmers must have entered at least one (1) individual event and shall not swim for more than one team in each relay event.
- $20 per team for relay events (register and pay on the day)
- The organisers may assist with the formation of relay teams
- Combined ages for relay teams are: 72-119, 120-159, 160-199, 200-239, 240-279, 280-319, 320-359, 360+
- MSA clubs are encouraged to enter teams in advance via MSQ. Instructions will be provided
Masters Swimming QLD
Sport Coordinator: Cheryl Brodribb
Phone: 0438 647 888