Athletics (Track & Field)
Saturday 22 May 2021
Entries close 30th April, and late entries cannot be accommodated.
8:00am - 3:00pm
Corner Scott & Severin Street, Parramatta Park (Cairns)
Minimum age for competition is 30 years. Age is determined as at 22 May 2021 (day of competition), and age groups will be combined but individuals will compete in their own age bracket.
30 - 34, 35 - 39, 40 - 44, 45 - 49, 50 - 54, 55 - 59, 60 - 64, 65 - 69, 70 - 74, 75 - 79, 80 - 84, 85 - 89, 90 - 94, 95 - 99, 100+
Sport Fee: $50 per person plus $5 per event
Games Registration Fee: $69 per person in addition to sport fee.
- 1500m Walk *
- Long Jump
- Triple Jump
- High Jump *
- Pole Vault *
- Shot Put
- Hammer Throw
- Weight Throw
- Throws Pentathlon **
* Currently 1500m walk, high jump and pole vault must have 10 entrants in order to be programmed due to sanitation and time requirements. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
** Throws pentathlon will be held in conjunction wtih the throws events. The first three attempts in each event will contribute to pentathlon points.
*** Please note hurdles are not currently included due to scheduling issues, if an expression of interest is shown in the hurdles event then Cairns Athletics will endeavour to hold races. To register your interest please email email@example.com.
- A draft timetable will be release in March 2021 with the final timetable release in May 2021.
- Athletes in sprint events: record the best time in the previous 12 months in the space provided to assist heat seeding if required.
- Heats will be run for events shorter than 400m, where there are more than 8 athletes in each gender for each age group.
- Where the number of entries determines, events may go straight to a final.
- Athletes will be required to check in for all events prior to their first event. There will be no call room and athletes will be required to assemble at their event location 15 minutes prior to the commencement of the event.
- Uniforms are not compulsory.
- The Throws Pentathlon will be conducted in conjunction with the individual throws events over the course of the competition. The first three throws of the individual competition will be used for calculating Throws Pentathlon points.
- Number of trials for field events: 3 attempts, plus top 8 will receive another attempt (4 attempts in total)
- Competition will be conducted under International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) and World Masters Athletics (WMA) rules.
- Medal ceremonies will not be held at this stage, due to COVID restrictions.
- The competition is presented by Cairns Athletics.
Convenor: Katie James
Phone: 0487 302 128